Monday, October 26, 2009

fall sewing: part 1


blog2

I do miss those crisp, cold Midwest Autumn days. Piles of crunchy leaves, the brisk smell in the air, bundling up in hats and sweaters. In Arizona there's a different smell in the air, and ironically, it reminds me of spring! The blistering hot sun has mellowed into a beautiful, inspiring sort of warm. Cool evenings, and soft winds. A new kind of Autumn to be sure! Never the less, the Littles have adjusted to the desert warmth, and days in the 60's and 70's do indeed feel a bit chilly to them, and trips to the snowy mountains up north will be an imperative part of our Holiday season. So, fall sewing and crafting will in fact persevere, much to my delight! I rounded up some fabric from my stash, and then filled in the gaps with a little virtual shopping trip to Sew Mama Sew. I'm so in love with Kelly green, always have been, so some Lecien dots in a happy green was a must, and my color of the moment (albeit a very looooong moment) is grey, so I picked the Minny Muu Mother Goose in soft grey shade too!

blog3

No comments:

Post a Comment